Our Pastor and Our Church!
We are a Family!
We are a Loving Church and Invite You to Join Us this Sunday ONLINE!
Dear Members and Friends,
Online giving is easy! Click the Give Now button above and if you haven't done it yet click Create Profile to set up user name and password. Once logged in you can select the amount, payment method, frequency of gift and also see you giving history.
As everyone knows, the COVID-19 situation continues to spread, with New York State now the epicenter of positive tests, so serious precautions have become necessary. We want you to know how our church is responding.
There are a small number of positive cases in Genesee and Orleans Counties, but many more in nearby Rochester and Buffalo. School classes are cancelled, and Governor Cuomo has instructed everyone to “stay home”, except for essential services. Session has closed our building – there are no activities inside the building at this time, but, of course, our ministry continues.
We are excited to be offering our Sunday worship service on-line, for those with internet access, and over the telephone for others. We tried this for the first time on Sunday, March 22nd, and while there were a few rough spots, everyone seemed very happy to be together again … virtually!
You can access this worship service on future Sundays in two ways:
Check in via Zoom (video and audio):
Go to www.zoom.us
Click on “Join a Meeting”
Enter Meeting ID - Check your email for ID or leave a message at the church office requesting it.
Check in by telephone (audio only)
Dial 1-929-205-6099 (on a cell phone no need to dial the “1”)
When asked, type in the Meeting ID - Check your email for ID or leave a message at the church office requesting it.
A few things we have learned about Zoom worship:
• This week, we will mute your computer and phone automatically, to avoid any background noise, and you will notice a red slash through the microphone logo at the bottom left of the screen. If we need you to speak, we will unmute you!
• You can turn off the video that shows your face to others by clicking on the “video” logo to the right of the microphone logo. You will notice a red slash through the logo. Though we won’t see you, you can see and hear us, and we can hear you.
• If a computer and a telephone, or two computers, or two telephones, are too close together in your home, and unmuted, all of us may hear a strong echoey sound. Please use just one device, or take one of the devices to the other end of your house.
• We are all learning how to do this on-line worship. We are sure to run into some problems, but we are grateful for your willingness to try this.
We can’t do much problem-solving for you once the service is underway, but If you do have any
difficulties, please contact Rev. Jim Renfrew (548-2800) during the next week and he will try to help you figure out a solution. Don’t give up! We really want to have you there on Sunday!
Please continue to stay home, and, MOST importantly, make sure your church family knows if you need anything. Our primary concern is to keep each other safe while continuing to gather as a faith community.
Some have asked about sending weekly offerings and contributions. We have set up an on-line system for receiving credit card offerings. You can also send checks through the US Mail to the Byron Presbyterian Church, PO Box 206, Byron, NY 14422-0206. You might also consider making an arrangement with your bank for automatic transfer payments to the church.
Finally, after the on-line service ends, please stay signed in with Zoom and we will share more information about improving our on-line worship experience. We will have a question that we will invite you to answer: In this trying time, tell us about a “God moment” you have had during the past week. Watch for a Sunday Worship bulletin filled with announcements to be sent by e-mail ahead of the service. We have sent a version of it through the US Mail to those without internet access.
Please share this information with friends and family members who may not have access to the internet.
God Bless Us All!
Byron Presbyterian Church
Save the Dates!
Sunday Service Online! Sunday, April 12 - checkin at 9:30 - service starts at 9:45.
Our Vision: “Know Christ, Live Christ, Share Christ”
The people of our church have a vision!
We have a vision that begins with the faithfulness
of those who have preceded us. We have
a vision that emerges from our desire to be inspired
and effective followers of Jesus Christ.
We have a vision that grows in our hearts
as we commit to serve him together.
- 2020 May 3 “Living Stones” - I Peter 2:4 Come to him, a living stone, though rejected by mortals yet chosen and precious in God’s sight, and like living stones, let...
- 2020 April 19 “Hope That Lives” - Scripture Reading I Peter 1:3-9 “The Message” What a God we have! And how fortunate we are to have him, this Father of our Master...
- 2020 April 12 Easter “Were You There?” - On-Line Easter Service: “Were You There?” Texts for the Day: John 19:40-42, 20:1-18 Pastor Dave Fish of North Bergen Presbyterian Church also shared his message...
- 2020 APRIL 5 “Palm Sunday Without A Parade?” - Scripture Reading Isaiah 62:10-12 Go through, go through the gates, prepare the way for the people; build up, build up the highway, clear it...
- 2020 March 22 “The Basics” - Welcome to Byron Presbyterian Church “on-Line”. We are also joined by our neighbors and friends at the North Bergen Presbyterian Church with their Pastor Dave...
- 2020 March 15 “Communion Conversation” - Note: this was our last service before services were cancelled due to the Corona Virus. Services are now at 9:30 AM on-line. Contact the church...
Our church has a wonderful Bible Study group that generally meets every 4th Tuesday of the month from fall through spring.
We are a very friendly and somewhat informal group of folks that just love to get together to read and learn from God's word.
We would be so pleased if you would join us to share thoughts, questions, and insights concerning the teachings of our Lord.
Click the read more link below to view our blog with upcoming study information and highlights of past studies.
Read Our Bulletin
Check out our Sunday bulletin. Most weeks you can read the Sunday complete bulletin 2-3 days ahead of time online. Be prepared for the sermon topic, see what's happening on Sunday, view upcoming events as well as getting a heads up on all the other information normally in the bulletin.
Byron First Presbyterian Church
6293 West Main
Byron NY 14422
PO Box 206
Byron, NY 14422-0206
The newsletter is available online as a special web version.
If you are a member of our church and would like a copy of the full version emailed to you please email me at email@example.com.
Recent Facebook Posts!
Search for Byron First Presbyterian Church in Facebook or
Click Here to Visit!