FIRST PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH OF BYRON
NORTH BERGEN PRESBYTERIAN CHURCH
Sunday, July 26, 2020, 9:45 AM Worship
For those participating from home, here are your Zoom
Check in via Zoom (video & audio)
Go to www.zoom.us, Click on “Join a Meeting”,
Enter Meeting ID#, Password
Check in by telephone (audio only)
Call 1-929-205-6099, Enter Meeting ID#,
Last Sunday, our first in-person service since March, we
drew 21 participants to the sanctuary and 33 on Zoom. Thanks to all in-person participants for adapting to our safety precautions. There were a few minor rough spots in offering both worship options, but we are making adjustments. Immediately following the service this morning, Rev. Renfrew will host a brief conversation with Zoom participants.
Prelude: “The Gold That Doth Not Tarnish” (L. Tallman)
Welcome and Announcements
- Welcome to the people of Byron and North Bergen Presbyterian Churches, and visitors from near and far.
- North Bergen Presbyterian Church distributes food each month on the 3rd & 4th Wednesdays, 5:30 – 8:00 PM; and on the 3rd and 4th Saturdays, 9:30 – 12:00.
- The Byron church is now open for in-person Sunday worship today. Of, course a variety of precautions are being followed. The Zoom virtual service will be continuing. The North Bergen church plans to reopen Sunday, September 6th, with an outdoor gathering at the Hutchinson’s on Sunday, August 23.
For Children: “Where Would Be a Good Place to Hide Your Treasure Chest?”
Music: # 714 “God of the Fertile Fields” (Italian Hymn)
Scripture Matthew 13:44 (Today’s English Version)
“The Kingdom of heaven is like this. A man happens to find a treasure hidden in a field. He covers it up again, and is so happy that he goes and sells everything he has, and then goes back and buys that field.”
Message “Treasure” Pastor James Renfrew
Reflections on Robert Louis Stevenson’s “Treasure Island”, the “X Files” television program, Hart and Kaufman’s 1936 musical comedy “You Can’t Take it with You”, and Malvina Reynolds’ children’s song “The Magic Penny”.
Interlude: “Make New Friends (The Girl Scout Canon)” (Traditional)
Prayer of Dedication
(While entering or departing please place offerings in the plates at the front and the rear of the sanctuary)
Music: #693 “Though I May Speak”
Prayers / The Lord’s Prayer Zoom participants, please add your prayer concerns in Zoom chat.
Music: #450 “Be Thou My Vision”
Postlude: #830 Jesus, Priceless Treasure” (J. Franck/J. S. Bach, arr. L. Tallman)
Today 9:15 AM Gathering for 9:45 AM Virtual and Live Worship, with the Lord’s Supper.
Tuesday: 5:00 PM Zoom Presbytery Gathering, begins with a retirement tribute to Amy Fowler
Next Sunday 9:15 AM Gathering for 9:45 AM Virtual and Live Worship
Offerings & Gifts:
- There are offering plates at the front and rear of the sanctuary where you can place your offerings as you enter or depart. No plates will be passed.
- Please send offerings by check to: Byron Presbyterian Church, PO Box 206, Byron, NY 14422-0206.
- We now have a secure on-line donation feature at Byron Presbyterian, please visit our website at http://byronfpc.com and click the big “Give Now” button at the top . We have arranged access to Vanco for on-line contributions through the Presbyterian Foundation.
- Our Byron Presbyterian Prayer Chain is always ready to add your prayers, contact Chrystal Britt.
- Thanks to Shannon Thompson, Eric George, & Nick Quilliam for managing Zoom services, Diane & Frank Strock for singing, Laurence Tallman for music. We are looking for additional Zoom manager volunteers.
- We are now using copyrighted hymns on Zoom with an annual fee to One License. Not every hymn is available to us, but most are, plus a much larger library of church music that Larry can draw from.
- If you are joining us on Zoom this morning, please double-check that your microphone is OFF at all times. We will turn your microphones back on immediately following the service.
- Church wi-fi access, password “BYRONPC2020”